おいしい!
Wednesday, September 03, 2008

I was walking home yesterday as this black guy with plaits in his hair approached me saying he's new in the neighbourhood. As it was drizzling, I offered to share my umbrella with him and upon walking a few metres he stopped abruptly, saying that we had reached his doorstep and insisted that I come in for tea.

Me: <Trying to find an excuse to continue walking> J'ai encore des choses à faire à la maison. (I still have things to do at home)

Him:<very insistent> Viens! Je vous monterai mon apartement. Allez! (Come! I'll show u my apartment)

Me: <Firmer and more assertive> Non, la prochaine fois peut-être. (No, maybe next time)

Him: <hurt and insisting somemore>Pourquoi?! Venez! On se fait les amis..

I raised my hand showing my ring and he thought:

Him: Quoi? Vous avez quatre enfants? (What? You have four children?)

Me: <Pointing to my ring> La prochaine fois, j'emmene mon mari avec moi chez toi (The next time I'll bring my husband along to your house)

He became more subdued as he came to know that I'm married but insisted to know my name and where I stay.

This is really freaky. We can never know if people are just trying to be friendly or they have something up their sleeve. However, one should never force others despite their will. In France, if you do not talk to people who come over to talk to you or those hooligans who disturb you, they'll disturb you even more. Thus I always maintain a cordial facade and reply when talked to.

I admit that it's quite sad to always be on guard and think the worst of people. However in this society of ours, it really pays to be safe. Who in their right mind will enter an apartment with a stranger upon invitation? (race not taken into consideration)

Well, of course as a friend said, if it's Tony Leung, an invitation will not even be necessary as we'll just welcome ourselves into his house! =p

I think I better be on guard on my way home next time.

Labels:



11:02 am うまい!Y


Welcome!
MAY 2009 BRING U ALL THE HAPPINESS U SEEK!

WHO
MIAOKIBA
WE R GONNA EAT LOTS OF SUSHI!

Loves
Japanese food <3

Hates
THE ALARM CLOCK IN THE MORNING

Wishes
World Domination!

Murmurs


Links
AH SHENG
Mr Brown

A TRIP BACK IN TIME
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
October 2007
January 2008
March 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
July 2009

PREVIOUS POST